Change of Status

Change of Status Articles

  • checking uscis case status and processing time 2023 cover photo

    Are You Checking USCIS Case Status and Processing Times Accurately in 2023?

    Published on August 17, 2023

    So you’ve completed all the necessary paperwork, settled the fees, acquired your USCIS receipt number, and now the anticipation sets in. The waiting game begins, accompanied by potential backlogs, government hitches, and evolving regulations. While this intermediary period can be stressful in itself, a reliable way to alleviate the tension is by monitoring your USCIS…

  • L-1 to H-1B Change of Status 2023

    L-1 to H-1B Change of Status

    Published on December 12, 2022

    Having an L-1 visa can be highly advantageous to you if you work for a multinational company. But there are many circumstances that may cause you to need to change your status from an L-1 visa to an H-1 B visa. While there are some similarities between these two nonimmigrant work visas, there are also…

  • B2 to H1B visa change of status

    B-1/B-2 to H-1B Change of Status

    Published on September 25, 2022

    Faced with the difficulty of finding an H-1B sponsor from abroad, individuals frequently inquire as to how they can change their status from B-2 to H-1B or from B-1 to H-1B from within the United States. B-1 and B-2 visas are non-immigrant visas issued to foreign nationals visiting the United States for short periods of…

  • J-1 to H-1B

    J-1 to H-1B Visa

    Published on July 10, 2022

    The J-1 and H-1B visas are both temporary nonimmigrant visas that allow foreign nationals to live and work in the U.S. However, their similarities end there. The J-1 is based on programs while the H-1B uses employers as sponsors. There is a limited list of occupations that qualify for the J-1 while the H-1B allows…

  • OPT Cap-Gap Rule

    OPT Cap-Gap Rule for F-1 Students Obtaining H-1B Petitions

    Published on March 09, 2022

    If you are an international student on F-1 status and recently graduated, you may be applying for Optional Practical Training (OPT), a 24-month STEM extension, or an H-1B visa. However, you may not know what to do if your OPT authorization (F-1 work permit) expires before your H-1B employment period begins on October 1. The OPT…

  • B-1 to H-1B Transfer

    B-1 to H-1B Transfer

    Published on November 16, 2017

    Many B-1 and B-2 visa holders wish to transfer their status to the H-1B category. A B-1 visa is for temporary business visitors who intend to participate in business activities that are commercial or professional in nature. These may include consultations with business associates, negotiating contracts, settling estates, participating in training sessions, etc. There are…

  • E2 visa change of status vs consular processing

    E-2 Visa: Change of Status or Consular Processing

    Published on October 31, 2016

    If you are a business investor and have decided to pursue the U.S. investor visa, then you may want to be privy to the legal process that it entails. As the wrong choice can cost you valuable time and resources, it’s extremely important to select a visa that is most appropriate for your situation.