Other Immigration Matters

There are countless avenues to immigrate to the United States including student visas, visitor exchange visas, asylum, deferred action. Read more to see if any of these fit your specific situation.

Other Immigration Matters Articles

  • admission border

    What is Class of Admission?

    Published on October 11, 2021

    You may have seen the words Class of Admission on various immigration-related documents (such as Form I-90 or Form I-131) if you are trying to apply for a green card renewal or replace a lost card.  Your Class of Admission is basically used to describe the visa category in which you were admitted into the…

  • visa invitation letter

    How to Write an Invitation Letter for U.S. Visa

    Published on October 05, 2021

    Were you asked to write a visa invitation letter by a relative or friend seeking a U.S. nonimmigrant tourist visa? While not a requirement, an invitation letter for a U.S. visitor visa, written by a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident, can be a good addition to the visa application.  It can be helpful because…

  • police certificate immigration

    How to Get a Police Certificate for Immigration Clearance

    Published on September 30, 2021

    If you seek a family green card or marriage green card from overseas, one of the requirements is to obtain and submit a police certificate for immigration clearance. The purpose of the police certificate is for U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services to get an overview of your criminal background (if any) including any arrests and…

  • Freedom of Information/Privacy Act Request

    G-639 Freedom of Information/Privacy Act Request

    Published on September 21, 2021

    Form G-639, Freedom of Information/Privacy Act Request (FOIA), is used to request USCIS immigration records (for yourself or someone else with their permission) as well as agency policies, data, and other types of records. Before using USCIS FOIA Form G-639 to request documents, you should check to ensure that USCIS has not already added them…

  • USCIS ombudsman

    USCIS Ombudsman | Requesting Help Guide

    Published on September 14, 2021

    The Ombudsman is an independently operated organization within the U.S. Department of Homeland Security that helps individuals and employers with issues or problems related to their immigration case with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). This arm of the Department of Homeland Security also takes measures to pinpoint systemic issues within USCIS and make suggestions…

  • imbra law act

    IMBRA Law | International Marriage Broker Regulation Act

    Published on September 03, 2021

    Unfortunately, immigrants can be targets of domestic abusers. Criminals can take advantage of an immigrant’s lack of knowledge of American laws or the language. The International Marriage Broker Regulation Act (IMBRA) aims to protect immigrants who are arrived through marriage green cards from abusive spouses. Learn about an immigrant’s legal rights and how IMBRA can…

  • Individual tax identification number ITIN

    ITIN – Everything You Need to Know as an Immigrant

    Published on August 30, 2021

    It is a widespread mistruth that undocumented immigrants who work but do not have social security numbers evade paying taxes for their wages. Just because you are undocumented does not exempt you from paying taxes like a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident would. An Individual Taxpayer Identification Number, or ITIN for short, is a…

  • USCIS certified translation

    What are the USCIS Certified Translation Requirements

    Published on August 23, 2021

    One of the many requirements when submitting documents to USCIS related to your immigration case is a certified translation of any document that is not in English. Typically, these include birth certificates, divorce certificates, marriage certificates, academic degrees, death certificates, passports, bank statements, police records, transcripts, affidavits, and so more. The exact requirements are laid…