Student Visa

Student Visa Articles

  • EB-1 Green Card

    EB-1 for Ph.D. Holders Green Card Process

    Published on June 30, 2020

    Accomplishing the prestigious task of obtaining your Ph.D. is no easy feat. Using it to obtain a green card, however, may prove to be almost as challenging without help. Keep reading to view the requirements for an EB-1 for Ph.D. holders and how you can qualify for this distinguished immigrant visa.

  • J-1 Visa Taxes

    J-1 Visa Taxes

    Published on January 07, 2020

    The United States tax system is a broad, murky, and deep topic. The most important thing is for every eligible taxpayer to have a basic knowledge of what is expected of them based on the category they belong to. As a J-1 visa holder, if you earn wages in the United States, it is expected…

  • F-1 Visa to Marriage-Based Green Card

    F-1 Visa To Marriage-Based Green Card

    Published on August 13, 2019

    Many international students come to study in the United States every year through an F-1 nonimmigrant visa. The visa is granted only for the duration of each student’s program with some additional months to gain work experience, after which you will need to return to your home country.

  • J-1 Visa Documents

    J-1 Visa Documents

    Published on April 23, 2019

      The J-1 exchange visitor visa is for applicants who are visiting the U.S. temporarily to participate in an approved program for the acquisition of skill and knowledge before returning home to their home country. Unlike other nonimmigrant work visas, J-1 applicants are not sponsored by employers; they are sponsored by certain programs approved by…

  • I-94 Expiry Dates

    I-94 Expiration Dates and Visa Status

    Published on January 28, 2019

    Form I-94 is the arrival/departure record that visitors to the United States receive at a border entry crossing. When you enter the country via air, you receive a card to fill in which you must hand to a border control officer on the ground. This system has undergone an upgrade and is now completely electronic….

  • Transfer F-1 Status to H-1B

    Transfer F-1 Status to H-1B Without OPT or Graduation

    Published on January 07, 2019

    The F-1 visa is a student category visa, allowing holders to come to the United States as full-time students. But many students want to transition to working in the U.S. after their studies, and the H-1B visa is one of the most popular work visas available. The question is: can you transfer to an H-1B…

  • J-1 vs F-1 Visa

    J-1 vs F-1 Visa

    Published on November 07, 2018

      Studying in the U.S. can be a great benefit to those who wish to learn and gain degrees and certifications from institutions that are only located within our borders. There are two main ways for a foreign resident to study in the U.S. through standalone visas: the J-1 and the F-1. However, deciding between…

  • F-1 Visa Processing Time

    F-1 Processing Time

    Published on June 21, 2018

    One of the great aspects of U.S. immigration law is the fact that it extends a welcoming hand to students from all over the world. Getting an F-1 visa can be highly beneficial and can be a great stepping stone to other immigration opportunities. But just how long is the F-1 processing time? Well, the…