The first round of random selections for FY 2024 H-1B season (registrations submitted from April 1, 2023 to June 30, 2023) were conducted March 2023, including the Master’s Cap pool. To meet the numerical allocations USCIS announced that they would then need to conduct a second round of random selections to reach the cap. As of July 31st, the second round was completed and enough registrations were selected to reach the cap.
Individuals who have selected registrations should see this reflected in their myUSCIS account. The following will appear:
- Submitted – Despite the completion of the initial selection process, a registration status may still show “Submitted”. Registrations that have been “submitted” will remain in consideration for selection until the end of the fiscal year.
- Selected – This means you have been chosen to file a complete petition for the FY24 H-1B season.
- Denied – If you submitted a duplicate registration then you will likely see a status of denied (same registrant and same beneficiary)
- Invalidated-Failed Payment – The payment method submitted was not accepted.
What’s Next and Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
The process for the second round of the lottery is the same as with the first round lottery selections. Those chosen have a 90-day window to file a complete petition. The start work date is also still October 1st.
It’s important to hire an attorney to handle your case for a number of reasons including:
- Stringent legal requirements – The H-1B process has numerous steps that must be diligently carried out by someone who has experience in the industry.
- Highly-competitive process – The H-1B program in itself is incredibly competitive. VisaNation Law Group attorneys will help you develop a strong application to increase your chances of success.
- Risk of delays or denials if not properly completed – There always exists a possibility for a case delay or denial but an experienced immigration attorney will help you navigate the issues to ensure the best outcome at the end.
- Immigration policies in flux – With the constant changes in immigration policies happening it can be hard for the average person to keep up. Our team stays up-to-date on these changes and can help you understand the latest policies and regulations to ensure that your application is in compliance.
Contact us to learn how we can help you get approval of your H-1B petition in a timely and efficient manner.