Miami Citizenship Attorney
If you have been a legal permanent resident (green card holder) of the United States and now thinking about obtaining U.S. citizenship, our South Florida Immigration attorneys can help you determine if you qualify and guide you through the naturalization process.
Our Miami immigration attorneys have assisted several green card holders with naturalization, including many complex cases involving prior convictions. Generally, you can submit an application to become a US citizen if you:
- Have been a permanent resident of the United States for five years; or
- Married to a U.S. citizen for at least three years; or
- are currently serving in the US military.
Additionally, you must satisfy the following requirements:
- Satisfy physical presence requirements.
- Evidence of good moral character;
- Demonstrate knowledge and attachment to the U.S. Constitution; and
- Ability to read and write basic English; and
- Demonstrate knowledge of U.S. history and government;
There are several issue that can complicate the Naturalization process such as prior criminal issues, expired visas, deportation defense claims, expatriate declarations etc. It’s strongly recommended that you seek guidance from an experienced immigration lawyer if any of these factors applies to your Citizenship application. To learn more about how we can help you become a naturalized U.S. Citizen, contact our experienced attorneys for a Free Immigration Consultation.
Click on one of the following Citizenship topics below to learn more: