EB-1C: Multinational Executives and Managers (EB-1C)
Multinational executives and managers is a category within the Employment-Based (EB-1) Visa. The Employment Based immigrant preference category was specifically created for multinational executives and managers, interested in starting businesses in the United States. This visa category also allows overseas companies to expand their business to the United States by permitting the overseas company to transfer executives and managers with direct knowledge of the company’s operations to the United States to assist with the start-up. In order to qualify as an Executive or Manager, certain requirements must be met.
EMPLOYER REQUIREMENT: EB-1C MULTINATIONAL EXECUTIVES/MANAGERS
- The employing company must have a qualifying relationship with a foreign company (parent, subsidiary, affiliate, etc.)
- The employing company must conduct business in the United States and in one other country. The business may be done directly or through a subsidiary.
- The company must exist for at least one year in the United States.
EMPLOYEE REQUIREMENTS: EB-1C MULTINATIONAL EXECUTIVES/MANAGERS
- The manager or executive must have been employed outside the United States with the related foreign company for 1 year in the preceding 3 years. The employment must have been in a managerial or executive capacity.
- Provide evidence that he/she is of managerial or executive capacity.
- The selected U.S. employer is required to have been doing business for at least one year.
Documentation: EB-1C Multinational Executives and Managers
- Evidence of permanent job offer from U.S. employer.
- Ability to conduct business in an executive or managerial capacity.
- Confirmation documentation to verify the transfer
- Affirmation of applicant’s managerial or executive position.
- Business License
- Incorporation documents
- Business plan
- Organization charts
- Employer’s Quarterly Report (Form 941)
- Corporate Income Tax Return (Form 1120)
- Accounting Reports (Audited Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Cast Flow)
- Description and letterhead of company business
- Pictures of main office, factories, and buildings (Outside and inside)
- Bank Statements
- Organization Structure
- Proof of business transactions
- Articles of incorporation
- Income taxes for the past 3 years
- Lease of business location
- Stock certificates
EB-1 MULTINATIONAL MANAGER AND EXECUTIVES PROCESSING TIME
The processing time for multinational managers and executives has a great deal to do with the service center’s case load at the time. Estimates can be found by contacting the service center directly.
Benefits of EB-1 Multinational Manager
There are a number of advantages of selecting the multinational manager and executive category over other green card options. One advantage is that it does not require a labor certification. Bypassing the labor certification process expedites the entire process typically allowing you to get work/travel authorization in a more timely manner.
How Our Immigration Lawyers Can Help:
- Our EB-1 Multinational Executive Lawyers can assist by reviewing your documentation and assisting both employers and employees in determining if each qualifies for the EB-1 Multinational Executives and Managers Visa.
- Our EB-1 multinational manager or executive lawyers will advise you on and thoroughly examine the supplementary documentation required for your application to give you the best chance at acquiring the EB-1 green card.
- We offer Free Consultation to EB-1 Green Card applicants.