UPDATE: The 2016 scholarship contest has closed and a winning essay has been selected. We’re thrilled to announce Quyen Truong as our 2016 scholarship contest winner. Quyen is a Law student at University of Connecticut School of Law. To read her essay please click here. We would like to thank ALL applicants who applied.
At SGM Law Group, we understand that quality education is often the cornerstone of a successful professional career. With ever-rising education costs, It takes more than just passion and commitment to obtain a university degree. Attending college or university is simply not financially viable today for many students without scholarships or financial aid of some form. These factors have inspired us to create a $1,000 bi-annual scholarship.
This award recognizes outstanding achievements in academics and as a law firm, we seek to reward a passionate and determined student interested in the field of law. As attorneys, we have all benefited from scholarships throughout our academic careers and now we hope to play a small role in helping a deserving student realize his or her academic goals.
Students will have the opportunity to earn $1,000 towards their education by submitting a 500 – 1000 word essay, which can be written on any of the topics listed below. Please be aware that anything over 1000 words will not be considered. Once the winner of this award is chosen, a check for $1,000 will be made to the scholarship recipient’s school of choice to help cover education expenses
Are you Eligible?
This scholarship is open to:
- Students who are currently enrolled in an accredited university, college or law school within the U.S.
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Must be a full-time student enrolled in classes for Spring 2017.
How to Apply
- To apply, please write a 500 – 1000 word essay on any of the following topics:
- What hardships did you conquer to achieve your goal of pursuing higher education?
- What are your career goals and how does a college degree prepare you for your chosen career.
- Discuss the impact of employment immigration on U.S. economy, including the effects of related immigration reforms.
- What field of law are you interested in and how will you help others with your earned law degree?
- Please write your topic on the cover page and/or top of your paper.
- In your email or mailed submission, be sure to include your contact information, including your name, email address and telephone number.
- If emailing, save your essay as a document and attach it to the email.
- Include an up-to-date unofficial transcript in your submission that serves as proof of enrollment and displays your GPA.
Essays must be your own work. Please cite sources where appropriate but do not use any quotes longer than two lines. Your final essay should be received by December 15, 2016.
Applications must be submitted by December 15, 2016, at 11:59 EST.
Where to Apply
Essays can be sent either by email to [email protected] or by mail to:
SGM Law Group PLLC
800 Corporate Drive, Suite 206
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33334
Scholarship recipient is to be announced by January 3, 2017. By applying, you give SGM Law Group an explicit permission to share your essay on our website and social media platforms.
Before receiving the award, the winning recipient will be required to demonstrate enrollment at a post-secondary institution in the United States.
We’re looking forward to reading your essay!
A leading immigration law firm with a national client base
SGM Law Group attorneys have extensive knowledge and experience in work visa, family and employment green card. To schedule a consultation with one of our experienced attorneys, please fill out the consultation form or call us at 1-877-811-3541. Certain individuals and businesses may qualify for a free consultation.