The F-1 Visa is the most common visa for students wanting to study in the United States. It is a temporary visa for foreign students who enter the United States in order to continue their education at an accredited school or college. In 2012, about 486,000 new F-1 visas were issued by the United States. This is double the amount issued the previous year.
F-1 Visa Requirements:
- The selected program must be an accredited academic educational program, a language-training program, or a vocational program.
- The student’s school must be accepted by the Student and Exchange Visitors Program, Immigration and Customs Enforcement.
- The student must be enrolled as a full-time student.
- The student must be able to demonstrate a proficiency of the English language or be enrolled in courses to reach that proficiency.
- The student must have efficient funds to be financially independent during the course of the study.
- The student must not release his/her acquired residence abroad.
Canadian and Mexican Commuters:
How Our Immigration Lawyers Can Help:
- If the participant wishes to extend his/her time in the United States, our immigration attorneys are well prepared to conduct the F-1 Visa renewal process with you.
- The SGM Law Group will also advise in cases of CPT, OPT, STEM extensions, visa changes, and employment extension using Cap Gap Rule.
- If the applicant receives F-1 status then the holder’s spouse and unmarried, minor children are eligible to obtain a F-2 Visa. Our attorneys are skilled to help you.
- The SGM Law Group will assist in obtaining the F-1 Visa and, with extensive experience, deliver the best strategy necessary. Our immigration lawyers offer individualized attention in order to provide the utmost, efficient service.
- Our F-1 Visa lawyers will be involved in every step of the process even if the client has made previous attempts unsuccessfully.